When creating Name Art for a last name with double letters, should you use the same letter photo for the double letter or vary the letter photo for that letter? Well, the answer is in the eye of the beholder of the name art…
Here is an example of the last name MILLER using the same L photo:
Now here is an example of the same last name using varied letter photos:
Although the name art frame using repeated letter photos is easy to understand and has nice consistency, the name art frame using varied letter photos has more visual interest and looks somewhat more artistic. Both frames are a lovely representation of the beauty of Letter Art. With our letter art photography, you really can’t make a mistake! It’s simply a matter of personal preference; and the choice is up to you.
Part of what makes our Name Art frames such an interesting and unique gift is that each photo within the frame can stand alone as a beautiful piece of black and white photography. However, alphabet photography (or letter art photography) is different than regular photography—we have to have “Letter Perspectives” (hence the name of our business!). Here are some key ingredients to creating beautiful letter photographs.
- Being able to see the letter within the photo. (Note: Some letters are more obvious than others, and some people can “see” letters more easily than others—that’s OK!)
- Being able to tell what item or object contains the letter. (This means we stay away from extremely abstract views of objects or micro portions of objects.)
- Keeping the photograph in its natural viewable form. (For example, not turning a building on its side to create a letter—this is very displeasing to the eye.)
- Not retouching or changing the photo to create a letter. (We take photos as they actually appear to see the letters as they are in the world around us.)
- Not staging a scene or arranging objects to create a letter. (Again, we feel that Letter Art occurs naturally and should be “encountered”, not forced!)
This approach to Letter Art Photography is the foundation for beautiful Name Art. Our alphabet photography frames are beautiful pieces of artwork that can serve simply as a beautiful grouping of photos to the unsuspecting eye, …or as meaningful Name Art to the eyes that have Letter Perspectives!